Open-E, Inc. is a pioneering leader and developer of storage software. The company is known for its product – Open-E Data Storage Software V6 (DSS V6) – file and block storage management software that supports iSCSI, InfiniBand and FibreChannel. DSS V6 also provides NDMP (Network Data Management Protocol) support for universal backup, Automatic Failover and Failback for high-availability, Remote Mirroring for disaster recovery and WORM (Write Once Read Many) support for digital archiving. Open-E’s mission is simple: to provide the best software in its class and maintain a competitive edge in the market in each area – for the benefit of our customers and partners.
Open-E Data Storage Server is an all-in-one IP-Storage OS offering NAS and iSCSI (both target and initiator) functionality in a single operation system combined with excellent price performance value, enhanced management and superior reliability to organizations of all sizes.
Open-E DSS includes NAS and iSCSI functionality such as:
- Support for a wide variety of hardware RAID platforms
- iSCSI Initiator / iSCSI Target
- New Update System
- Volume Replication
- Multiple Network Interface Card (NIC) support
- Adaptive Load Balancing (ALB)
- Adapter Fault Tolerance (AFT)
- Task Mechanism with Scheduling
- Backup Utility
- Network UPS Support
- Fibre Channel Support
- Multi-CPU Support
- x86 – compatible PC
- 1 GByte RAM
- CPU (1 GHz Pentium IV or faster are recommended)
- HDD (SATA, SAS, SCSI, ATA) / RAID / Fibre Channel / iSCSI Storage
- Network Interface Card (multicards 1Gb/s recomended for bonding)
- Internal USB
New functionalities implemented in our DSS makes our solution the most flexible on the market, allowing you to combine NAS systems with iSCSI SAN systems, offering online Antivirus protection, teaming of multiple Network Interface Controllers.
Some of our clients