The Internet threat landscape is constantly evolving as criminals look for new ways to make money by targeting the computers used by businesses and consumers. Viruses and other malware threats are growing rapidly both in quantity and complexity. Many fast-spreading and destructive viruses are especially written to work in the Microsoft Exchange/Outlook environment.
Targeted attacks against specific companies or even individual computers are becoming increasingly common. Spyware and hidden rootkits are used to steal confidential information from businesses.
Infected computers lower performance and productivity. Dealing with an infection in a corporate network can be costly, time-consuming and frustrating. Malicious software can also damage a company’s reputation by sending out infected e-mail.
Businesses need to protect themselves against the whole range of malicious software, hacking and stealthy intrusions. F-Secure’s advanced security products provide the essential protection businesses require in today’s connected world.
F-Secure Messaging Security Gateway provides powerful protection for the network against spam, viruses, connection-level attacks and other security threats that target corporations email infrastructure. Its advanced machine learning technology provides unrivalled anti-spam effectiveness and content filtering accuracy for both inbound and outbound messaging.
The solution is easy to deploy and manage. IT administrators can create group base policies for different user groups and give rights to end users to create policies for their personal e-mail traffic.
Benefits for your Business
• IT personnel can focus on essential work. IT personnel save time by giving the end-users the rights to manage their own e-mail quarantine, blacklists and whitelists.
• High accuracy. Identifies spam by using over a million attributes to evaluate the messages, while maintaining low rates on falsely tagging real e-mail as spam.
• Low cost of ownership - The appliance includes 3-year on-site support and it updates itself automatically with new software versions without the need to renew the license.
Do you need more information?
• MLX-Technology whitepaper
For Business Decision Maker
The Benefits of the Messaging Security Gateway solution cannot be measured only in blocked e-mails. It also increases the productivity of the whole environment as employees time is spared on work related e-mails. Solution spares time from IT personnel as the number of support calls decrease with a solution that gives the end users the control of their own e-mails.
- ROI - Calculate your Return on Investment by using our calculator
- Save employees time - By using the Messaging Security Gateway solution employees time is saved for work related e-mail as the digest message clearly states what is true spam and what is not
- No need to upgrade e-mail servers due to high load created by spam - with this solution the workload on mail servers is reduced so there is no need of increasing the resources on the mail servers.
- IT personnels time spared for the essential work - It personnel release time to essential work by giving end users rights to manage their own e-mail quarantine, blacklists and whitelists
- High accuracy - Messaging security Gateway has a high accuracy on true spam by using over 600 000 attributes to evaluate the messages, at the same time it has low rates on falsely tagging real e-mail as spam
- Low cost of ownership - Appliance includes three year on-site support and it updates itself automatically with new software versions without the need to renew the license as the software gets upgraded
For IT Administrator
Benefits of the solution for IT personnel come from the ease of management and maintenance. The solution handles most of the updates automatically and end users can be given rights to manage their own digests, blacklists and whitelists.
- Carefree management - no need to make daily adjustments to match the complexity of spam e-mails
- Reporting - over 45 report templates in the solution which can be deployed automatically via e-mail or directly to a webpage
- Give users the possibility to manage their own quarantine - Freeing time from IT personnel from releasing messages that end users would like to have in their inbox
- Automatic updates - Solution updates itself automatically without the need of IT personnel to reserve time for those tasks. Also IT personnel can choose which parts of the solution is allowed to update itself automatically without manual intervention
- Easy to install - Installation of the Appliance is fast and easy to a state when it can be used in production
- Accuracy - the MLX technology has a high accuracy rate on true spam which frees the resources of the Mail servers for real e-mail and end users time is reserved for work related e-mails
- GUI - Customize your own view on summary page with having only the information you need to see to manage the solution
- Scalability - Solution can be easily upgraded to be a cluster environment and cluster can have agents that are either physical appliances or virtual appliances.
- Multiple different policies are available - IT personnel can create different policies to different groups of users and can give rights to end users to create their own policies for their personal e-mail traffic
- Option to treat bulk e-mail as spam - There is an increase in e-mail traffic of bulk e-mail, which are messages that end users registered to receive, and end users might want to get rid of those e-mails. Messaging Security Gateway solution gives end users the option to keep bulk e-mails in their personal quarantine.
- Integrates with enterprise identity management systems such as Active Directory, Domino Directory
Supported Platforms for Virtual Environments
Digest Template for End Users
Chinese (Traditional and Simplified), Dutch, English (US), Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
Supported Browsers for Management
Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP (Not recommended)
Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP and Vista
Firefox 2.0 or later on Windows XP and Vista, Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES and AS
Supported Digest E-Mail Clients
Microsoft Outlook 2003 and 2007
Microsoft Outlook Express 6
Microsoft Outlook Web Access 5.5, 2000 and 2003
Mozilla Thunderbird 2 on Windows XP and Linux
Netscape 7.1 Email on Windows XP and Linux
Webmail – Lotus iNotes, Lotus Notes, Messenger Express
Lotus R5 version 5.0.12 or later
Lotus R6.5 email clients